What is JIJIVISHA?
A club for poetry and storytelling. It was started in 2020 by Akshat Drama Group. The intention is to seek meaning and soak in the depth of words recited with a hot cup of tea. The content can be both self-written and written by other poets and authors.
Both listeners and speakers are welcome.
TO PROMOTE THE HERITAGE AND CULTURE OF INDIA:-
We encourage attending persons to find and bring poems written by esteemed but less known or forgotten Indian poets from the history of this country to recite and share with all.
- We do not permit any content degrading a woman in any role or any gender in the name of humour sarcasm or love.
- We do not permit any content disrespecting the constitution of India or intentionally hurting the religious sentiments of any person.
- No member poaching. This group is not a platform for sales and marketing of any other organization.
- Any person found trying to find personal information about a member shall be removed and banned permanently.
- Due to limited seating we do not have the concept of bringing a friend.
- Every attending person has to respect the present performers and stay for the complete duration of the edition.
CURATING THE CONTENT
All content performed here is curated and checked by the moderator to ensure they do not breach the rules. It is a mandatory procedure for attending persons and members.
All confirmed attendants have to share the content beforehand that they will be performing. We reserve the right to refuse any content for reasons reserved for our function and quality purposes.
HOW DO WE FUNCTION?
- Please reach the venue 15 minutes before the event time. We begin at the given time and joining afterwards disrupts the performing person’s art.
- Every performer is given 5 minutes to perform their piece. After 5 minutes a bell is rung.
- Each piece of curated content shall go in the edition’s minutes and be published on our website and in an offline compilation.
- Repeat performers are expected to bring variety to their topics to respect the time of regular listeners.
- There should be nothing that is lost in translation. We welcome literature in all languages provided you can explain it in Hindi and English.
The copyright shall be held jointly by Akshat Drama Group and the person submitting the self-written piece assuming in good faith that they are the rightful author under the Indian Copyright Act.
The submitting author shall not submit the same piece for publication anywhere else.
Akshat Drama Group holds the sole right to publish the submitted piece in its publication for Jijivisha Club.
WHAT WE ARE NOT?
We are not a vanity club. Artists need appreciation and criticism and listeners need the freedom to express both.
HOW TO ATTEND?
Tickets are available for purchase on Allevents.
Send your content for approval by 26.01.2024 by WhatsApp message only to +91-9099808801