1. WHAT IS POCKET DIARY BOOK CLUB?
It may be true that books are our best friends. It’s just that, we have to read a lot of them before we
find out which one is our best friend. My best friend is ‘The Room on The Roof’.
Pocket diary Book Club is the fun child of Priya Sogani and Nirali Trivedi conceived on 2nd November
2022 at Akshat Drama Group. Here, we read aloud random passages, dramatize, have fun and add a
light dose of seriousness, to fill the awkward silences.
2. WHAT IS EXPECTED IN THE CLUB MEETINGS?
- We read aloud from a book for the club.
- We listen to passages or chapters read by each member.
- In the end, we read the minutes of the meeting.
- Bring a book or send us the name of the book in advance. We will keep a Kindle copy ready for you. We do not encourage reading from phone.
3. BUT I AM NOT A READER
- This club is a safe space for all kinds of readers.
- You don’t have to be an avid reader.
- It is completely fine if you have never read before. We have a mini library to browse.
- Adding some fun ideas: (Optional)
- Dare to read a telephone directory if and only if there is passion and drama in your reading.
- Dramatize what you read for the club.
- Appreciate literature.
- Share your notes on your favourite passage from the book you read here for all.
- Make your reading larger than life. There are no limitations.
- Dress up or be your character. Or do nothing but read like a play.
- Our inspiration: The meetings of ‘The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society’ (Movie) or ‘Little
- Women’s Pickwick Club’ (Movie: Little Women)
4. WHAT WE ARE NOT?
- We are not preachers of the value of reading.
- This is not a platform to launch books. Kindly do not bring self-written material for storytelling.
- We have a different club for that.
- This is a platform to appreciate books that we read as a reader.
- We are not judges of taste.
- We are not a book-of-the-month club.
5. IS THERE ANY BARRIER OF LANGUAGE?
There should be nothing that is lost in translation. We are welcoming literature in all languages
provided you are able to explain it in Hindi and English.
There is no concept of +1.
Kindly fill out the google form and wait for an invite.
No political or religious opinions are entertained.
No smartphones for assistance or recording.